With your AOL Mail login account, you can access web-based email service, use AIM (AOL Instant Messanger), get personalized online news and entertaining contents. So in this article, we are going to show you how to login to your AOL email account using either computer laptop or mobile phone.
It is important to note that even if you are not using your AOL email account to communicate with friends maybe due to the fact that you have other webmail service accounts, you should always try to sign in to AOL Mail once in a while to avoid account deactivation.
This is because, if your AOL webmail login account is inactive for more than 180 days, it gets terminated automatically. However, in case your account has been terminated before now, we are here to assist you to get access to your AOL Mail account again.
AOL Mail sign-in account can be completed using the web version, desktop app or any mobile app. To use AOL Mail on the desktop or any other devices, you have to download its official app first.
Remember that, you can sign in to AOL using default mail app of Windows 10. We suggest using 2-step verification for secure AOL email login.
AOL Email Login using Web
To login to your AOL mail account using the web version is very easy, all you have to do is just to follow the simple steps below correctly.
- Visit https://login.aol.com/ from your browser. (You can sign in via desktop/tablet or mobile)
- Enter your AOL username or email address and click on the “Next” button.
- Enter your AOL mail sign in password in the next window.
- Check on ‘Stay signed in’ option if you are using a personal device and don’t want to enter login credentials each time.
- Select ‘Sign in’ and you will reach into AOL inbox.
If you are unable to complete your aol.com mail login process successfully, check whether you are using correct password. If you forgot the password, then follow ‘how to reset AOL password?‘.
AOL Email Login using Desktop App
You can also use the desktop app instead of a web browser to access AOL mail from your PC/Laptop.
- Download and install AOL desktop app. It may take some time.
- Choose software settings you like by checking the corresponding check boxes and then click Continue.
- Review your settings and select the folder in which you want to install AOL Desktop app.
- After finishing those steps, click ‘Install Now’. After completion, this desktop app will run.
- Login with your AOL mail account.
Alternative Method to Sign In AOL Mail
Sign in to AOL using default mail app of Windows 10
- Open Mail app in Windows 10. Either go to programs and open the app or directly search ‘Mail’ in Cortana.
- Click on setting icon inside the Mail app. Select ‘Manage Accounts’ and choose ‘Add account’.
- Select ‘Other Account’. (POP/IMAP)
- Enter your full AOL email address, type the name you want and password in the respective box.
- Mail app will automatically detect settings for AOL mail login, and your account is now synced in the Mail app. You can create, send, delete emails from the app. It’s even easier to use than AOL desktop software.
Using 2-step Verification for AOL.com Sign in
Using a password to login to your AOL mail account is one step verification. 2 step authentication uses the second layer of security. If you’ve enabled it, you need to enter the security code which you receive on your phone along with the regular password.
The 2-step AOL mail login verification is a security measure ddevisedto making it super hard for others to access your AOL mail account without your consent.
How to Enable AOL Mail 2-step Verification?
- Visit https://login.aol.com/ and log in with your AOL account
- It might ask security question, answer it.
- You’ll reach into ‘Account setting’ page, scroll down to ‘Account Security’ and click ‘Set up’.
- Get started > Enter code receiving number > Select text me or call me option > Enter the code and verify.
- You’ll get disable code. Print or save in someplace secure. This code is required if you lose or can’t get to your phone.
- Click ‘Turn on’. Now your 2-step verification is activated successfully.
If you have any problem regarding AOL mail login, please let us know in comments below as out support team is available 24/7 to assist you in any issue(s)