How to Set Up Spectrum Business Email Account – In this article, we are going to walk you through on how to configure Spectrum Business Email on Microsoft Outlook exclusively. That is to say if you want to set up Spectrum business email account on Outlook, you are in the right page.
This simple means that the following information we are going to share with you here will help you set up Spectrum Business Email account in Microsoft Outlook version 2010 and later.
Note: Depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook you’re using, the Spectrum Business Email Account setup menu options may vary slightly.
How to Set Up Spectrum Business Email Account on Outlook
To set up your Spectrum Business Email on Microsoft Outlook version 2010 and later, follow the simple steps below.
- Open Outlook and select the “File” tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Info” (or Tools),\ and then choose “Add Account” (or Accounts > New).
- Select “Manual Setup or Additional Server” types and then choose Next.
- On the Choose Service page, select IMAP and then click on the “Next” button.
- Enter the following information:
- Your name: Enter your full name as you’d like it to appear when sending an email.
- Email address: Enter your full Spectrum email address (e.g., Chad.email@example.com).
- Account type: Select IMAP
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): exchange.charter-business.net
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.charter-business.net
- Username: Enter your email address.
- Password: Enter your password.
- Select “More” Settings.
- Select the “Outgoing Server” tab and complete the following:
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Usesame settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab and enter the following:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Select This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Use the following types of encrypted connections: TLS
- Note: If 993 doesn’t work, use 143. If TLS isn’t available, select SSL.
- Select “OK” to finish your email setup.
- Select Next and then “Finish” to complete the process on how to Set Up Spectrum Business Email Account on Microsoft Outlook.
If you have further question(s) on how to Set Up Spectrum Business Email Account, use the comment section below to drop your issue with our support team or you can visit Microsoft Outlook support