How to sign out of Gmail app – We have realized that many people really do not know how to log out from Gmail mobile app especially from the mobile gmail app which comes with their phones by default. So in this article, we are going to walk you through on how to sign out from your phone Gmail app in order to sign in to another account.
We are going to focus on how to log out from Gmail app for iPhone and iPad. For Android users, you can sign out from Gmail account on Android phone if only the account is not the one that you used to set up the Android; however, to remove the setup account, you’ll need to factory reset your phone.
So depending on which ever kind of device you use to sign in to your Gmail account on, you can either do any of the following.
- Sign out of Gmail App from your phone.
- Remove your Google Account from the phone or
- Switch between different Google accounts on the phone.
In as much as you might not have any problems staying logged in to Gmail on your home computer or personal phone, it’s probably best to log out of Gmail if you logged in to your Gmail account with someone else phone or on a public computer.
Though apart from trying to sign out of Gmail app from your personal phone or another person’s when you log in to your account with it, most times when you buy a fairly used iPhone, iPad or Android phone, you would need to sign out of Gmail account which the phone is currently logged in with in order to sign in to your own account.
How to Log Out of Gmail App From Any Device
We shall be looking at the how to log out of Gmail app from the following devices.
- How to sign out of Gmail on iPhone & iPad.
- How to sign out of Gmail app on Android phone &
- How to sign out of Gmail account on Computer
How to Sign Out of Gmail App On iPhone or iPad
The only way to sign out of Gmail app on iPhone or iPad is to remove your entire account from your phone or tablet. However, you can do many of the same tasks through other actions. To remove the Google account on iPhone or iPad, follow the steps below.
- Launch Gmail app on your iPhone. You need to observe the top-left corner of the screen to find the hamburger menu icon. Just tap on it.
- Now, tap on the drop-down arrow icon next to your email address as shown in the image above.
- Next, tap on the “Manage Accounts” option.
- Now, you can see all of your signed in accounts listed. You can toggle the accounts listed to disable/enable them on the app.
- If you want to sign out, you need to tap on “EDIT” option on the top-right corner of the screen and then tap to “Remove” your account as shown in the image above.
How to Log Out of Gmail App On Android – Remove Gmail Account On Android
To remove a Gmail account from an Android phone is very quick and easy to do. All you have to do is to follow the simple steps below.
- Launch the Gmail app on your Android device.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon, and then click on the drop-down arrow button as shown in the image above.
- Now, tap on “Manage Accounts” option to proceed further.
- You can now observe “Google” account listed. Tap on it.
- Finally, tap on the top-right corner of the screen and click on “Remove account“.
Note: When you remove Google account from your Android device, it removes the account from all apps on the device. When your account is removed, you won’t be signed in to any Google products, like Maps or YouTube.
How to How to Sign Out of Gmail On a Computer
Sign out on your computer
- Go to your Gmail inbox at https://mail.google.com
- In the top right, click your photo.
- Click Sign out.
NOTE: If you used a public or shared computer to loin to your Gmail account, always make sure to sign out of your Google Account before leaving the computer. We hope the guideline on how to sign Out of Gmail App On iPhone, iPad or how to log out Gmail app on Android phone was helpful?.