Set up Spectrum email Account – Alright, in this post, we are going to walk you through on how to create a Charter Spectrum email account easily after you have already signed up for an account with the company. To set up a new Spectrum email account is very easy when the right steps are followed.
We are going to first let you know some basic information about Charter communications (Now branded Spectrum Internet) before we give you the simple guidelines on how to setup Charter Spectrum email account either on Microsoft Outlook, Android or iPhone.
About Charter Spectrum Email Setup Account
Charter Spectrum is one of the main Internet service providers in the Midwest. Many people with Charter accounts understand that they have free Charter.net or Spectrum.net email service with their accounts, but they continue to use free services like Yahoo! or Hotmail because they do not know how to set up Spectrum.net email address account through Charter.
But one thing they don’t know is that to set up a Charter Spectrum email account is even both quick and easy than creating Gmail or Yahoo mail account. This is so because you are only required to provide a unique Spectrum.net username and password for that particular email only.
That means that Spectrum email address setup are not created automatically for every customer. Only users who create a Spectrum email account will be able to receive messages through Spectrum.net email services.
Set Up Charter.net Email Address – Set Up Spectrum Email Account
- Visit here https://www.spectrum.com/ Make sure you are at Spectrum.com and not Spectrum.net. Spectrum.net is for checking Spectrum email inbox not the setup of accounts.
- Click on “Log In,” next to Existing Customer” at the top of the homepage. You can also create an account and purchase service.
- Enter your username and password in the appropriate boxes, and hit “Enter.”
- Click on the blue tab that reads “Internet Services & Tools.” It is the furthest tab to the right. At the bottom of the page under the three boxes is a bar that reads “Create New Email Address.” Click on this bar.
- Enter your username. This is the name that reads before the @charter.net or Spectrumnet for example if your username is Chad.nicely, it will read as thus, Chad.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter a password, and re-enter the password in the second box to confirm. Click “Create New Email Address.” You can now log in with your new email and password at Charter.net or Spectrum.net.
That was how simple it is to setup a new Spectrum email account on your PC. Now let us look at how to set up Spectrum Email on Microsoft Outlook.
How to Set Up Spectrum Email on Microsoft Outlook
To add a Spectrum new email account in Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later, you will need to follow the simple steps below.
- Open Outlook.
- Select the “File” tab.
- Choose Info.
- Select “Add Account” as shown in the screenshot above. The Add New Account wizard opens.
- Enter your account information for the following fields:
- Your Name: Enter your name as you want it to be displayed when sending an email.
- E-Mail Address: Enter your complete Spectrum email address.
- Password: Enter your Spectrum email password.
- Re-enter your email password to confirm.
- Select “Next“. The configuration process is initiated.
- If prompted, enter your password again, then select OK > Finish to complete the Spectrum email account setup on Outlook and start using your email account in Outlook.
If this process on how to set up Spectrum email account on Outlook doesn’t work, visit Microsoft Support for further instructions. Was the guideline above on how to set up Spectrum email account both on Microsoft Outlook and Pc helpful?.